Removal of micropollutants from municipal wastewater after biological treatment
NX Filtration delivered its nanofiltration membranes for the treatment of municipal wastewater at a treatment plant in Enschede, the Netherlands.
The customers query
The customer, a wastewater treatment plant in the Netherlands, was looking for a solution to remove micropollutants from the wastewater effluent prior to discharge into an environmentally sensitive local water stream.
We applied our dNF40 nanofiltration membranes directly on the wastewater after biological treatment and settling tanks. Contrary to conventional membrane processes, our process only required a strainer as pre-treatment.
Stable operation since early 2019 with a crossflow design.
- 20LMH flux
- >97%rejection of Total Organic Carbon
- >80%rejection for a cocktail of micropollutants, mainly pharmaceuticals
Download product specification sheets
- MexFil™ WMC110 dNF40
- MexFil™ WMC200 dNF40
- Direct nanofiltrationPre-treatment for RO process at an aerospace multinational in Hungary
- Direct nanofiltrationReuse and recycling of complex salty wastewater in Vietnam
- MicrofiltrationNext generation microfiltration membranes for beer filtration